Buckwheat Pasta Warm Salad
Hi everyone, this is a really simple recipe that does not take very long, gives you a pasta fix but is still gluten free without all those starches I don’t really like in your usual gluten free pastas.
- 1 Packet San Remo Buckwheat Pasta (You may have other brands you prefer but this is one I use as all it has in it is the Buckwheat and holds together well. They also do other gluten free pastas made from lentils & beans)
- Lightly Steamed Vegetables (my usual go to is 1 head of broccoli, peas, cauliflower, green beans and only steam a little as you want them still a little crunchy)
- Pre pan/oven toasted seed collection (sunflower seeds, pumpkin, sesame & linseed) or if doing for the first time, get a selection of, organic if possible and pop into a frying pan and dry roast, making sure doesn’t scorch or burn – has happened to me to frequently and I end up with smoky flavoured seeds, not so tasty – just long enough to go a little brown and crunchy)
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Seasoning to taste
- Anchovies (if you like the taste); sun dried tomatoes also optional
- Hard boiled eggs cut in quarters
- garden fresh herbs if you have them like parsley
Just follow instructions on box with the pasta and when cooked, drain and put into large salad serving bowl and liberally add olive oil, a couple of tablespoons of seeds and stir. Add in the freshly steamed vegetables and add eggs lastly add the freshly chopped parsley.